General cell lines (RCB)
● We are providing many cell lines derived from human and other various animals.
In relation to human-derived cell lines:
● Human-derived cell lines are useful for many kinds of research, and thus we are providing them for various researches including analyses of gene and genome. We provide this collection not only to domestic users in Japan but also to users in overseas, in addition not only to not-for-profit institutions but also to for-profit institutions.
● The majority of human-derived cell lines are cancer cell lines.
● In addition to the cell material itself, we are providing information about gender, age and the name of disease from which each donator was suffering. When we possess the information of gene and/or genome, we provide them as well.
● After the providing procedures including a conclusion of an MTA (material transfer agreement), we provide this collection.
● This collection including its information is strictly preserved by the RIKEN BioResource Research Center.
● The cell lines are anonymous. It is impossible to know the individuals who donated the source cells, and the donators cannot withdraw the utilization for researches.
Application consideration 2019.11.25
- Information about RBE and SSP-25
- List of discontinued cell lines distribution
- With respect to the information about PC-14 (RCB0446) disclosed in the home page of Sanger institute.
- The information about Ba/F3
- Caution about Hep G2 cell line!
- COSMIC : Catalogue of Somatic Mutations in Cancer
How to obtain resource
- Requests for distribution
- Distribution procedure
- Fee and payment
- Technical Support
- Requests for publication
a ) Requests for distribution
The cell lines available from the RIKEN BRC Cell Bank are listed on the website and catalog.
Cell Search https://cellbank.brc.riken.jp/cell_bank/WebSearch/
- Many Resources have no restriction on their use (Restriction “a” in the Restriction list); however, some cell lines are restricted and require written permission from the Approvers (Depositors or Originators) of the lines. These cell lines are classified as Restriction “b” or “c”.
- In case of “b” or “c”, you need to obtain the Approverfs consent. Please fill in “Approval Form” and send it to the Approvers for their permission. “Approvers” can be contacted via Fax or airmail at the addresses listed on the website and catalog. If you can’t find their names or if you have any questions, please contact us by E-mail (cellbank.brcriken.jp) or by Fax (+81-29-836-9130).
- Complete an “Order Form” for each order.
- Make “two sets of the original Material Transfer Agreements (MTA)” for cell lines.
- Please complete section 4 (Restrictions) of the MTA indicating the “terms and conditions”. Please do not write “alphabetical characters”. Regarding “terms and conditions”, you can refer to “Restriction” which is usually found at the bottom area of each data sheet on the website.
- Send Forms “Order Form”, “two sets of the original MTA” and “Approval Form” (when it’s required) to RIKEN Cell Bank by airmail or Fax (+81-29-836-9130).
To contact us
|Cell Bank, RIKEN BioResource Research Center
3-1-1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-0074, Japan
E-mail : cellbank.brcriken.jp
b ) Distribution procedure
- One copy of the MTA will be sent by airmail.
- Each international order will be sent in a dry-ice-frozen box through FedEx. Shipping costs including the cost of the cell lines are the responsibility of the users. (See c1. Fee)
- An invoice will be sent to you after you receive your Resources.
c ) Fee and payment
c.1 Fee (In yen)
- See Table at
- After you have received your invoice, please make your payment in one of the following ways :
- By credit card click here for further details.
- The people who would like to make payment by credit card must order biological resources with the specified order form for credit card payment.
- Only we accept the change of payment method before shipping biological resources. The applicant has to contact at cellbank.brcriken.jp.
- After shipping biological resources we do not accept any change of payment method.
- By bank transfer in Japanese Yen directly into our account. The final transfer amount received by us should be the full payment, without deduction of transfer charges or currency conversions.
|：RIKEN (The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research)
：MUFG Bank, Ltd.
：Wakoekimae Branch (Branch No.727)
：0159228 (Ordinary Account)
：1-10-20 Maruyamadai, Wako-shi, Saitama, 351-0112 Japan
RIKEN is a non-profit organization and therefore requires all applicants to cover all bank charges, (including exchange, commission and handling fees,) when sending payments for resources they have ordered.
d ) Technical Support
If you have any questions about quality of the resources you receive, please contact us by Fax (+81-29-836-9130) or E-mail (cellqa.brcriken.jp).
e ) Request for publication
We request you to send us a reprint of your publication. We seek to share all data available on the Biological Resources in the RIKEN BRC.