Sonoda-Tajima Collection (HSC)
● We are providing B cell lines derived from various individuals around the world. In particular, this collection contains many cell lines derived from ethnic minorities who have lived at South America.
● This collection is very precious and useful in the field of human genetics etc., and thus we are providing this collection for researches including analyses of genes.
● The research using this collection must be conducted in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines. The users must, if necessary, take all steps or procedures to comply with legal requirements for handling of this collection.
● We never provide this collection to any research which might inflict a loss on a specific tribe.
● Providing B cell lines were transformed by Epstein-Barr Virus.
● In addition to the cell material itself, we are providing information about gender, age, living country and precise area of the individuals who have donated the source blood.
● Prior to the utilization of this collection, the recipient must obtain the approval of institutional review board and/or institutional ethical committee relating to the use of this collection.
● After the providing procedures including a conclusion of an MTA (material transfer agreement), we provide this collection.
● This collection including its information is strictly preserved by the RIKEN BioResource Research Center.
● The cell lines are anonymous. The donators cannot withdraw the utilization for researches.
Migration of Prehistoric Human Beings
Dr.Tajima Kazuo (Aichi Cancer Center)
The RECIPIENT must obtain an approval of the Institutional Review Board or Institutional Ethical Committee prior to entering the AGREEMENT with the RIKEN BRC, since this collection contains the cells derived from very minor populations. When the RECIPIENT orders the cells in this collection, the RIKEN BRC urges the RECIPIENT to send the copy of the approval document by the Institutional Review Board or the Institutional Ethical Committee.
How to obtain resource
- Requests for distribution
- Distribution procedure
- Fee and payment
- Technical Support
- Requests for publication
- Refer to this catalog or our website for information on Resources.
- Obtain and complete the appropriate forms. RIKEN Cell Bank documents are available in PDF format. These documents are printable and can be viewed with Adobe Reader.
- Complete order Form C-0049 for each order.
- Make “two set of the original Material Transfer Agreements (MTA, C-0050)” for each cell line. As for original MTA, three sheets are one set.
- Send Forms C-0049, C-0050 and the copy of the approval document (the Institutional Review Board or the Institutional Ethical Committee) to RIKEN Cell Bank by mail or Fax (+81-29-836-9130).
To contact us
|Cell Bank, RIKEN BioResource Research Center (BRC)
3-1-1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-0074, Japan
E-mail : cellbank.brcriken.jp
- One copy of the MTA will be sent by airmail.
- Each international order will be sent in a dry-ice-frozen box through FedEx. Shipping costs including the cost of the cell lines are the responsibility of the users. (See c1. Fee)
- An invoice will be sent to you after you receive your Resources.
c.1 Fee (In yen)
- See Table at
- After you have received your invoice, please make your payment in one of the following ways :
- By credit card click here for further details.
- The people who would like to make payment by credit card must order biological resources with the specified order form for credit card payment.
- Only we accept the change of payment method before shipping biological resources. The applicant has to contact at cellbank.brcriken.jp.
- After shipping biological resources we do not accept any change of payment method.
- By bank transfer in Japanese Yen directly into our account. The final transfer amount received by us should be the full payment, without deduction of transfer charges or currency conversions.
|：RIKEN (The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research)
：MUFG Bank, Ltd.
：Wakoekimae Branch (Branch No.727)
：0159228 (Ordinary Account)
：1-10-20 Maruyamadai, Wako-shi, Saitama, 351-0112 Japan
RIKEN is a non-profit organization and therefore requires all applicants to cover all bank charges, (including exchange, commission and handling fees,) when sending payments for resources they have ordered.
d ) Technical Support
If you have any questions about quality of the resources you receive, please contact us by Fax (+81-29-836-9130) or E-mail (cellqa.brcriken.jp).
e ) Request for publication
We request you to send us a reprint of your publication. We seek to share all data available on the Biological Resources in the RIKEN BRC.