Application consideration 2016.04.07
How to obtain resouse
- Requests for distribution
- Order Form
- Distribution procedure
- Fee and payment
- Follow-up survey
- Quality control
- Requests for publication
a ) Requests for distribution
The cell lines available from the RIKEN BRC Cell Bank are listed on the website and catalog.
Cell Search http://www2.brc.riken.jp/lab/cell/search.php
- Many Resources have no restriction on their use (Restriction “a” in the Restriction list); however, some cell lines are restricted and require written permission from the Approvers (Depositors or Originators) of the lines. These cell lines are classified as Restriction “b” or “c”.
- In case of “b” or “c”, you need to obtain the Approverfs consent. Please fill in “Approval Form” and send it to the Approvers for their permission. “Approvers” can be contacted via Fax or airmail at the addresses listed on the website and catalog. If you can’t find their names or if you have any questions, please contact us by E-mail (email@example.com) or by Fax (+81-29-836-9130).
- Complete an “Order Form” for each order.
- Make “two sets of the original Material Transfer Agreements (MTA)” for cell lines.
- Please complete section 4 (Restrictions) of the MTA indicating the “terms and conditions”. Please do not write “alphabetical characters”. Regarding “terms and conditions”, you can refer to “Restriction” which is usually found at the bottom area of each data sheet on the website.
- Send Forms “Order Form”, “two sets of the original MTA” and “Approval Form” (when it’s required) to RIKEN Cell Bank by airmail or Fax (+81-29-836-9130).
To contact us
|Cell Bank, RIKEN BioResource Center
3-1-1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-0074, Japan
FAX : +81-29-836-9130
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
b ) Order Form
c ) Distribution procedure
- One copy of the MTA will be sent by airmail.
- Each international order will be sent in a dry-ice-frozen box through FedEx. Shipping costs including the cost of the cell lines are the responsibility of the users. (See c1. Fee)
- An invoice will be sent to you after you receive your Resources.
d ) Fee and payment
d.1 Fee (In yen)
- See Table at
- After you have received your invoice, please make your payment in one of the following ways :
- By credit card click here for further details.
- The people who would like to make payment by credit card must order biological resources with the specified order form for credit card payment.
- Only we accept the change of payment method before shipping biological resources. The applicant has to contact at email@example.com.
- After shipping biological resources we do not accept any change of payment method.
- By bank transfer in Japanese Yen directly into our account. The final transfer amount received by us should be the full payment, without deduction of transfer charges or currency conversions.
|：RIKEN (The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research)
：The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
：Wakoekimae Branch (Branch No.727)
：1-10-20 Maruyamadai, Wako-shi, Saitama, 351-0112 Japan
*By Check in Japanese Yen made payable to “The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research”. Please return to us a copy of this Invoice with your payment.
Please mail the banker’s check to :
|BioResource Center Planning Office
RIKEN (The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research)
3-1-1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0074, Japan
RIKEN is a non-profit organization and therefore requires all applicants to cover all bank charges, (including exchange, commission and handling fees,) when sending payments for resources they have ordered.
e ) Follow-up survey
To confirm the quality of the resources we ship, we request that all Recipients complete the follow-up survey enclosed in the shipment. Please complete the follow-up survey and return it to us. If you have any questions about quality of the resources you receive, please contact us by Fax (+81-29-836-9130) or E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
f ) Quality control
The RIKEN BRC has developed Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and carries out quality control on all cell materials on this catalog according to the SOPs.
g ) Request for publication
We request you to send us a reprint of your publication. We seek to share all data available on the Biological Resources in the RIKEN BRC.