Human umbilical cord blood-derived cells (HCB, CBF, CFD, C34)
● We are providing various cell materials derived from human umbilical cord blood.
● These cell materials can be used in researches for development of medicine, and thus we are providing them for various researches including analyses of genes.
● Providing cell materials are following.
Nuclear cells after treatment with hydroethylstarch, i.e. materials after the majority of red blood cells are excluded. It was collected within 36 hours after delivery of baby. We provide HCB in a specific plastic bag. It usually contains more than 3 x 10e8 cells.
CBF (small scale):
Mono-nuclear cells collected with Ficoll. It was collected within 36 hours after delivery of baby. We provide small scale CBF as a set of four tubes. One tube usually contains approximately 1 x 10e7 cells.
CFD (large scale):
Mono-nuclear cells collected with Ficoll. It was collected within 36 hours after delivery of baby. We provide large scale CFD in a specific plastic bag. One plastic bag usually contains approximately 1 x 10e8 cells.
CD34-positive cells collected with magnetic beads (MACS). It was collected within 48 hours after delivery of baby. After thawing, one tube usually contains approximately 1 x 10e5 cells and more than 90% of cells are CD34-postive.
● In addition to the cell material itself, we are providing information about gender.
● Prior to the utilization of this collection, the recipient must obtain the approval of institutional review board and/or institutional ethical committee relating to the use of this collection.
● After the providing procedures including a conclusion of an MTA (material transfer agreement), we provide this collection.
● This collection including its information is strictly preserved by the RIKEN BioResource Center.