Goto Collection: Werner syndrome patients’ cells (GMC)
● Goto Collection is a collection of cells derived from patients suffering from Werner syndrome which is a late-onset premature senility. The cells derived from Werner syndrome-like patients are also involved.
● This collection is very precious and useful not only for researches of premature senility but also for researches of the diseases frequently occurred in this patients such as cancer, and thus we are providing this collection for such researches including analyses of genes.
● Providing cells are fibroblasts and B cell lines transformed by Epstein-Barr Virus.
● In addition to the cell material itself, we are providing information about gender and age of the patients who have donated the source cells.
● After the providing procedures including a conclusion of an MTA (material transfer agreement), we provide this collection.
● This collection including its information is strictly preserved by the RIKEN BioResource Center.
The RECIPIENT must obtain an approval from the DEPOSITOR using the APPROVAL FORM prior to entering the AGREEMENT with the RIKEN BRC. When the RECIPIENT orders the cells in this collection, the RIKEN BRC urges the RECIPIENT to send the APPROVAL FORM to the RIKEN BRC urges.
- Requests for distribution
- Distribution procedure
- Fee and payment
- Follow-up survey
- Quality control
- Requests for publication
a ) Requests for distribution
- Refer to this catalog or our website for information on Resources.
- Obtain and complete the appropriate forms. RIKEN Cell Bank documents are available in PDF format. These documents are printable and can be viewed with Adobe Reader.
- To obtain written permission, please complete the Approval Form C-0006 and send it to Dr. Goto. Upon receiving the written permission, please return it to us together with the other forms.
- Complete order Form C-0052 for each order.
- Make “two set of the original Material Transfer Agreements (MTA, C-0053)” for each cell line. As for original MTA, three sheets are one set.
- Send Forms C-0052, C-0053 and C-0006 to RIKEN Cell Bank by mail or Fax (+81-29-836-9130).
To contact us
|Cell Bank, RIKEN BioResource Center
3-1-1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-0074, Japan
FAX : +81-29-836-9130
E-mail : cellbank.brcriken.jp
b) Distribution procedure
- One copy of the MTA will be sent by airmail.
- Each international order will be sent in a dry-ice-frozen box through FedEx. Shipping costs including the cost of the cell lines are the responsibility of the users. (See c1. Fee)
- An invoice will be sent to you after you receive your Resources.
c ) Fee and payment
c.1 Fee (In yen)
- See Table at
- After you have received your invoice, please make your payment in one of the following ways :
- By credit card click here for further details.
- The people who would like to make payment by credit card must order biological resources with the specified order form for credit card payment.
- Only we accept the change of payment method before shipping biological resources. The applicant has to contact at cellbank.brcriken.jp.
- After shipping biological resources we do not accept any change of payment method.
- By bank transfer in Japanese Yen directly into our account. The final transfer amount received by us should be the full payment, without deduction of transfer charges or currency conversions.
|：RIKEN (The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research)
：The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
：Wakoekimae Branch (Branch No.727)
：159228 (Ordinary Account)
：1-10-20 Maruyamadai, Wako-shi, Saitama, 351-0112 Japan
*By Check in Japanese Yen made payable to “The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research”. Please return to us a copy of this Invoice with your payment.
Please mail the banker’s check to :
|BioResource Center Planning Office
RIKEN (The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research)
3-1-1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-0074, Japan
RIKEN is a non-profit organization and therefore requires all applicants to cover all bank charges, (including exchange, commission and handling fees,) when sending payments for resources they have ordered.
d ) Follow-up survey
To confirm the quality of the resources we ship, we request that all Recipients complete the follow-up survey enclosed in the shipment. Please complete the follow-up survey and return it to us. If you have any questions about quality of the resources you receive, please contact us by Fax (+81-29-836-9130) or E-mail (cellqa.brcriken.jp).
e ) Quality control
The RIKEN BRC has developed Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and carries out quality control on all cell materials on this catalog according to the SOPs.
f ) Request for publication
We request you to send us a reprint of your publication. We seek to share all data available on the Biological Resources in the RIKEN BRC.